Home > Running > Where are you on the global fat scale?

Where are you on the global fat scale?

So all the skinny people in the developed world (or in other words: on Facebook) are boasting their results on this silly BMI calculator from the BBC. It’s funny how one of the things you wished you could change as a teenager (being a skinny runt) eventually becomes a positive later in life. Anyway, not one to miss an opportunity to join in the boasting and the subtle vilification of fat people, I apparently have the BMI of an average 37 yr old man from Nepal. Only DR Congo and Eritrea are skinnier.

That reminds me: shaking hands with Jim Dawes on the podium at state X-C he said “You look like an AIDS victim” – charming!

Advertisements
Categories: Running
  1. Tom
    2012-07-18 at 9:26 pm

Not wishing to boast, but I got Eritrea. Know what you mean about thoughts as a teen. I read that Gary Lineker ate nothing but steak and drank Guinness to bulk up for soccer. I took this to heart a bit too enthusiastically at Uni before hitting 80kg.

2. JFen
    2012-07-19 at 12:46 am

Sorry Fats I also got Eritrea… BMI of 20. JFen

• 2012-07-20 at 9:26 am

It’s enough to make a man anorexic! I’d better stop eating those brownies.

3. Paul
    2012-07-19 at 4:05 pm

Not having scales at the moment so had to guess 74kg. But my BMI was 21 which means I will be the next Kenyan with the marathon world record or world cross!

4. Tiger
    2012-07-19 at 5:04 pm

Don’t forget my brownie tomorrow, it’s in the freezer.

• 2012-07-19 at 5:36 pm

Tony ate your last ones so I made you a new (improved) batch.

5. Tiger
    2012-07-19 at 6:54 pm

phew, thanks Amanda!!! could’ve been a needle stabbing frenzy tomorrow morning

6. 2012-07-20 at 4:14 pm

If only you knew a really good baker or someone who could brew beer.

7. 2012-07-20 at 4:24 pm

I got Canada (which is not good).According to the calculator if everyone in the world was as fat as me it would add 40bn tonnes to the weight of the worlds population. Gee that is after losing 5.5kg in the last 3 months. If I hit my stretch target weight I could be China.

8. Tiger
    2012-07-20 at 6:01 pm

I’m Eritrean too, they suck at sprinting, no wonder i’m struggling. Time to beef up, off to a flying start thanks to some brownies that made it all the way to work today, delicious, woohoo!

1. No trackbacks yet.